Monday, October 13, 2008

Critter patrol




In our neighborhood there are these huge raccoons that are as big as dogs - normal sized dogs, not Ellie sized dogs. Over the past year, we've seen them out from time to time but tonight was the first time we saw one near our house. When Brett went to take the trash out tonight, there was a raccoon sitting under our 4Runner. It was so funny to me because Brett came back in the house all worked up and still holding the trash bag and saying how he saw a huge black tail laying on the ground next to the car. He hates critters but I really wanted him to take the trash out so I offered to follow him and make sure the raccoon didn't get him. Also, if the raccoon was still there I really wanted to take a picture of Brett running away from it. For some reason, raccoons are just funny to me. They are disgusting, but funny. We went outside and of course, the raccoon was gone, but I got these pictures of Brett doing a nice job of looking for the raccoon. And yes, that is a meat mallot he is holding. He thought he could defend us with that..

-a

3 comments:

Livia Indica said...

The dude was scared of a raccoon? I find that amazing. Our local raccoons are fat and too lazy to pose any threat to anyone. And they're amazingly entertaining when they eat. The way they use their paws like little hands to wash their food before they eat always cracks me up.

Beebers said...

this is awesome - i love the meat mallet!

Anonymous said...

I can't take this! I'm cyimg from LOL! I love that Brett.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...